Monday, July 14, 2008

What is going on here???

I swear I am more tired today than I was yesterday. I was up until after 11 last night after only 3 1/2 hours sleep, and this morning I had a terrible time getting up. Rolled out of bed at 8, took a shower and got ready for the day. Kids and I went and picked up the CSA and ran into the farmer, John, again. It is so nice to see him and to hear all of the great things he is doing on his farm. I also feel great knowing who grew our food, and playing a part in keeping his family farm going, as I know he loves what he does!

Ran home, dropped off the goodies and went to Big Lots. Didn't realize that they were getting ready to be torn down (whole shopping center is being redone) so the pickings were slim. I ended up spending more than I wanted, but I got some things that were needed and will keep the house stocked while I am away.

Today is my mom's birthday, so we wished her a happy day. We are getting excited to head down there next week, the kids always have fun and I always have help :) Too bad I have work and school while I am there, but the class I am in isn't too bad and I know my job well enough to be able to get things done ahead of time.

I need to go do some cleanup and work on dinner. Tonight we will have BBQ chicken, homemade baked beans (real from scratch), coleslaw (CSA) and sauteed squash (CSA). Yummy!

No comments: