Friday, July 4, 2008

Small moments

There are small moments that fill my heart and make me believe that it IS worth all the hard work, and that choosing to live our life the way we have is positive for our kids.

I had planned on baking a cake for dessert and making a red, white and blue trifle. We got busy, there was rain that delayed dinner and a cake was never baked. I decided to go the healthy route and make parfaits for the kids. A layer of farm vanilla yogurt (all natural, no antibiotics or hormones), a layer of the strawberry topping I canned after Haven's birthday party, another layer of yogurt, fresh blueberries on top. They went CRAZY for it! They want it for dessert every night and couldn't stop saying how yummy it was. It made me so happy that they enjoyed the parfaits so much and that I knew what I was feeding them was healthy, local and delicious.

No comments: