Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Popovers=JOY

As a kid, my mom made popovers all the time. I loved the eggy delicate pastry feel of them, and have always favored them steaming hot with butter.

When I was pregnant with Haven, there was a company that put out boxed popover mix. I remember coming home from work and using a muffin tin to make popovers, and while they weren't perfect, I was happy to have them. I had to have eaten a fifty popovers while preggers with Havey.

Since then, I haven't had popovers, the boxed kind disappeared from shelves and I was always unsure of how to make them from scratch. When Ryan gave me my gift card for my birthday, I ordered a popover pan, and I am so happy I did.

Tonight, since I feel so lousy, I whipped up the batter and baked off the popovers. It was super easy and so yummy, and the warm fluffy popovers even made me feel a little better :)

1 comment:

A Jersey Girl said...

Oh, I am glad they came out so good. I am sorry I hung up on you, there was a ta-do and then I had to get the kids home and in bed.

I will try to call around 1230pm tomorrow:)