Monday, July 21, 2008

Gearing up to go

So we made it to see Dr. Tom this morning, all our necks and backs are thankful!

Then off to get the CSA and almost got backed into by a HUGE UPS truck! When they finally stopped, they were just inches from the side of my car, and it would have been pretty bad since they were backing up fast. Gray and I would have been hurt and the car would have been totalled, so I am glad they didn't hit us!

We got a ton of great stuff this week. A nice melon, some cukes, tons of squash (great since we have none here), tomatoes, herbs, lettuce and onions. As we are leaving, I will skin the tomatoes tonight and freeze them. When our tomatoes come in, I will skin them, add the frozen ones, herbs and lemon juice and can everything. The squash will also be frozen today, some we will eat with dinner, the rest will e put up for future use.

I am not sure what we will have for dinner tonight. I have some leftover steak from last night that the kids can have. I may also have chicken for Ryan, I can make a big salad, some squash and rice. I don't want to leave a lot of leftovers, so I am using up what we have here before we leave.

Off to pack!

No comments: