Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Making him crazy...in a good way

So I think my marriage is the best it has ever been. Sure we argue, and sometimes it is loud, but at the end of the day, I think we are pretty kind and loving to each other. Hubby has come a long way in the last five years, and I have learned to roll with some things, so it makes for a happier household.

I am so happy he is off the next three nights, and yes I do know that he was on vacation with us and off for 12 days, but we had fun and miss him when he is gone.

Tomorrow morning I will go get the meat, get adjusted, and then come home to clean the house, bake some bread, do some laundry and make a yummy dinner for the family. Summer is very calming :)


Oh, and I had a great shopping day today, 14 boxes of cereal, 2 packs of ziplock bags, the HUGE thing of cat litter, and two organic shopping bags for $50, and then 5 cases of soda (we don't drink it often, but it is good to have and was soooo cheap) and 24 ears of corn for $15! The girls husked half the corn and we packed it up in groups of four to be frozen. We will husk the rest tomorrow and eat some for dinner and freeze the rest, I may even go back and get 12 more ears, I mean corn for .16 cents, that is a good deal.

Dinner tomorrow will be steak from the cow, corn and smashed taters from the CSA. Thursday we will have grilled sausage from the farm, cole slaw from the cabbage in the CSA and some starch, probably rice. I also will be making potstickers with the chinese cabbage, some leftover water chestnuts and ground pork that I will grab at the farm tomorrow for a quick meal this week. This family eats great :)

No comments: