Saturday, July 12, 2008

Finding joy in where you are

I had a dream last night about someone I knew from HS. In the dream he seemed so sad with his life, so unhappy with his marriage, etc. When I woke up, the first thing I thought was, wow, I am so glad I don't feel that way anymore. For so long I expected things to be more than they could, to be easier than they should, and I never could understand why I was unhappy.

Life is is different now, more relaxed and more fun. I really enjoy my family, I enjoy being with them and feel we have hit our stride. Do the kids have bad days, YES! Do Ryan and I have bad days....YES YES YES! But there are fewer bad days and we learned to get over things faster.

Right now, we are both happy in the marriage and with the kids, now if only we could move!

No comments: