Saturday, May 9, 2009

We are busy!

Wow, a number a days with no posts!

Wednesday was my last day at PT school, and the the grading frenzy began. Add to that a new start at FT school, and I am busy. Few more exams to finish up today and then PT school is completely done! I also start two classes today, and that will be a lot of work with 6-8 assignments due per week. It will be 8 weeks of pure hell, but will hopefully make the last 10 weeks of the pregnancy fly by.

Baby gear is ready and getting washed, the only thing I am not doing yet are the diapers and the new pink clothes. I am hoping to score one more ultrasound next week, and I want to confirm the gender before I wash all the pink and purple. The CSA begins next week, and that means the beginning of my favorite time of the year. Strawberries will be picked next weekend, and then the great canning begins.

Last night I made mozzarella cheese and homemade pizza dough. We topped the pizza with fresh spinach and tomatoes and some feta cheese, so delicious! I am anxious to make one with summer squash and zucchini, tomatoes and onions, that will make one heck of a summer pizza.

Today we are celebrating Mother's Day. I got to lay about in bed until almost 10 and then was treated to blueberry pancakes and bacon, my hubby makes the BEST pancakes! They also bought me a new bread cookbook, and I am so excited to get started. All I need is a new container to store the dough in, and I will pick one up on Monday so we can begin enjoying homemade bread everyday. I am so lucky!

The last big news is I applied for a FT job, besides the teaching one. This job looks perfect for me, a Director of Marketing at a local museum...and it says telecommuting is allowed. Even of that means only two or three days a week I could work from home, I am okay with that as Ryan can be home some of the days and our awesome babysitter has offered to work her schedule around when I need someone for the baby and Gray. While going back to full time work is not ideal with a newborn, the salary would be double what I make now, and I would still be home most days..plus I could do something I really love and believe in. We will see what happens, they would have to be willing to allow me to come on part time in August, FT in September due to the baby's birth...and they would need to call me for an interview :)

No comments: