Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life is never what you expect

Saw the pediatric cardiologist today and the one issue we saw before is gone (leaky tricuspid valve) and two new ones took it's place. I am thankful that we are with this group of doctors, and have been since Haven was born. I trust them immensely and like that they really take their time, as was evident with my 1 1/2 hour fetal echo today. At this point we are waiting and seeing and I go back in three weeks to see what has changed. There are at least four outcomes, the best being that it all works itself out and there are no more issue, the worst being me being placed on a drug to control the baby's heartrate which will hopefully not damage my heart. This worst is tied with the possibility of surgery after the baby is born. We are going to hope for the best, understand the worst and expect the unexpected. We will see what happens in three weeks!

No comments: