Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adjustments

So MIL is here. She seems willing to make it work, I on the other hand, am just not that into it. See, I like my house, my kids, my husband and my life. I like that my husband goes to work at night and the kids go to bed and I can quietly work and relax with no one sitting there or talking to me. I like that this is my house and I pick what goes where and how things go and when to do chores. I have a neat little schedule and I am happy with it. She is trying, and I understand that I should try to, I just don't want to. I want to enjoy my life and family as we were doing just fine on our own. I want to live comfortably in my own home, and do what I want to do. I want to not feel the anger and resentment that now I have to share everything we have worked for, that this quiet, peaceful little corner of the world is no more, and I have no safe place to fall. I need to not be myself, to cry when I need to, to yell when I need to, and it makes it hard to want to start a new day.

No comments: