Monday, April 6, 2009

Blessings and Curses

We made it through the storm. Interestingly enough, even in the midst of it all, my husband and I found a way to laugh about it...you have to admit the sheer craziness was amusing and that is one of the reasons I really love being married to Ry, he can lighten the heaviest mood. Thankfully the plumber came this morning and fixed the pipe, and it was way less money than I feared. Brittan is doing well, they believe she has a virus, a.k.a. the flu and a UTI. We are holding off on the antibiotics until her culture comes back so we don't medicate if not needed. She has a follow up at the ped tomorrow, but seems better today and the fever is more manageable.

Aside from getting almost NO sleep last night, we are all functioning pretty well. Haven stayed home since she was up most of the night, and I fear she is getting sick as well she has the cough and irritability. I am off to teach in a few moments. Tomorrow morning I have a quick call, then Britt's appointment and maybe we will celebrate with lunch out. Then home to keep making headway on the wet stuff, but surprisingly I made it through most of it today.

MIL was very helpful in this mess, and I hope we hit our stride soon finding what works for everyone. Off to work :)

No comments: