Monday, April 20, 2009

I am on a roll

Guess I have a lot to say today!

As much as I am hating all this rain, the good part of it is that everything is so green. We have a lot of trees, and I love how lush it looks when there has been a lot of rain. The other positive is that the garden will be more than ready for plants, and once the last layer of compost is added, I expect spectacular growth pending no wash outs. I love the spring and summer, I love the fresh food, and the ability to plan a menu based on what is ready to be picked. I cannot wait until it is time to gather the fruits of our labor.

The other thing I have decided to do more of is menu planning. With our busy schedules, and the newest addition set to join us in a few months, it is very important to have a plan. My freezer and pantry are packed, so food is never an issue here....put we still need to know what works when. So far my plans for this week include homemade mac and cheese, stuff shrimp with brown rice, asian chicken and veggies, chicken caccitore, burgers and pasta salad, pork roast and sausage roll. I am also hoping our sitter can watch the kids so Ryan and I can go out for Indian...mmmm I love good Indian!

No comments: