Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cold toes!!!

It is really chilly here this morning, and even with the fire going, the house has a bit of a bite to it. The kids got up and indulged in pumpkin muffins, almost 4 each! I guess I will have to make some more this week, they are easy to cook and freeze great, a quick warm in the microwave and they are ready to go!

They are now bouncing around the playroom, and I am getting ready to start dinner...yes at noon. We are having pulled bbq pork, and it is so much better if it cooks all day, so it will be getting a rub down and put in the oven to cook. The best part is, we should have enough for dinner tonight and to freeze and bring with is to Florida as a quick lunch or dinner option. I love when I can really stretch a meal. Last night I made turkey stock from the breast we had on Sunday, and I had enough stock for last nights turkey pot pie and to freeze for two other meals in the future. The turkey pot pie was a hit, and I am happy that everything was from scratch except the puff pastry top. I think I will make a few pastry dough batches soon and freeze them for the future, I hate opening any packages when I cook dinner.

Off to prep the pork and start the bread :)

No comments: