Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bubbling away

My kitchen just smells fantastic. I decided to use some of the many, many, many cups of pureed pumpkin that I processed before Christmas and stored in the freezer. Long ago, I had a recipe that used pumpkin, apples, raisins, nuts all cooked up and then baked in phyllo. I don't have any phyllo, but I do have some puff pastry. I also have to remove the nuts since Haven is allergic....so right now I have 2 cups pureed pumpkin, 4 small apples cubed, 1 hearty handful of raisins, a dot of butter, a sprinkle of brown sugar (you can also use honey or maple syrup) cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. MMMMM..smells so good! It will cook down, then be rolled in puff pastry and baked, Yum!

Also on the stove is the start of dinner. Tonight will be a pot roast, and I will make some drop biscuits to go with it. All I wish I had was a nice butternut squash, it would be so good in the pot roast!

No comments: