Friday, January 2, 2009

Creeping back towards the grind

It has been blissful not having any work or school. There has been napping, which is very unusual for me (explanation of said napping to come later this week) and lots of down time. But alas, all good things must come to an end. Today I have a call with a new faculty member to help her get ready for her first class. Then Monday the kids go back to school-that means I actually have to be dressed at 8:30 am! Then courses need to be checked on Monday. Classes for me begin the end of next week, and let me tell you, I am not excited about my research course. All that means is papers, long ones and lots of them! Then I am back at PT school the end of January.

The plus this term is that I am back teaching the Monday night class and the Wednesday afternoon class. While Monday night classes make me tired, I usually have nothing to do on Tuesday except go get the milk, so I can laze about in the morning. Wednesday afternoon classes are great for me because Weds. is Ryan's first night off, and since Emily is a saint and will watch Gray after preschool, Ryan will even be able to get some sleep and then be able to hang with me at night.

I also need to revisit my syllabus, I have a group project that needs some fine tuning, so I need the kids to go back to preschool/school so I can spend some time working.

Ah the grind, not so much fun but it pays the bills!

2 comments:

A Jersey Girl said...

A saint!!! I think NOT! But I am more than happy to keep him as you take Maggie on Mondays and sometimes Grant and any other random children I throw at you, so perhaps YOU are the saint:)

Tribe Mama said...

I love random children, they keep life exciting!