Friday, February 8, 2008

Why stress?

I am an anxious person by nature. Each January and early February is usually a monetary nightmare as I am not getting paid by PT school. This year we have not had the crunch and things are running smoothly, yet still I stress. I hate worrying about money, and I hate it more when I worry and we are doing OK. This is one thing I keep working on, yet it persists.

We are also looking at all the Spring projects, and there are many. We know where we are putting the new garden, but we need to remove a few small trees, build two retaining walls, backfill and put up a low fence to keep the dog out. It is a lot of work, and we are ready for it, but our schedules are full and it can be hard to do these big tasks. We are also redoing the front flower beds, they are and have been, a mess since we moved in. When we put in the new walkway a few years ago, we created another bed that is hard to plan. Ryan has been out tilling the dirt today, but that is also a huge project. Then we have the berry patch that is going where the old small garden was located. This isn't as much work, just a new fence and planting, but I hope we will reap the benefits of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Finally the chickens. We know where in the yard they are going and I have decided on the coop and run we will use. I think I am waiting until May to get chicks so that we have the other gardens planted, PT school is out for summer and I can concentrate on raising the chicks and figuring out all that goes with that.

I guess this is why I am stressed.

No comments: