Saturday, February 23, 2008

Teach Abroad

I am getting very concerned about what I will do when I complete my doctorate. I know I can stay right where I am , keep teaching as I am, and all will be fine, but I want more. Ryan is open to us moving if I am asked to join a university and we like the area it is located in, and I am thankful for that. I just feel the itch to do more, to see more. I have always wanted to teach in Europe, I just don't know how to go about it. I also want to make sure that when I do it (yes I said when not if) it will be at a time that is good for the children. I want them to really explore the culture, and I am not sure if it is best to do this when they are small or when they are teeneagers. As it stands, I am going to explore both domestic and international universities, as I really want to keep my options open. Maybe I should work on a new language, anyone have any ideas?

No comments: