Monday, February 25, 2008

Drugs drugs drugs

I have never been a big fan of medicating my kids. I always have tried to give half the medicine (tylenol, etc) to see if that made them feel better. From the start, Haven was on reflux meds beginning at just three weeks old, but never took an antibiotic until well over a year old. Brittan is usually my healthiest, although she has had a few more bugs this winter. All three take allergy medicine during Spring, Summer and Fall, I have tried to do without, but they really suffer and for Grayson, it makes his asthma really bad. Now my poor Grayson. He suffered from many sinus infections as a baby and ear infections as he has entered his toddler and preschool years. He uses two types of asthma meds, although we try to keep him off them unless needed. Since he got really sick in December and landed in the hospital, he has been sick almost non stop, and today we were told he has another sinus infection, and upper respiratory infection and the beginnings of a double ear infection :(

Since December, this is his fifth time on antibiotics, he has been on two different prescribed cough medicines, he has has antibiotic eye drops for pink eye. Twice he has been on an oral steriod along with his two inhaled medications, and once he has been given a shot of steroid. He has not slept well all these months, and I have just about reached the end of my rope. I am tired, Gray is tired, he is mean and nasty and crabby all the time because he isn't feeling well. I am trying to get him to let Dr. Tom adjust him to see if that provides any relief, but he won't do it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, we need help!

No comments: