Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh so many dishes and a dinner plan

The downfall to cooking so many of our foods from scratch is the huge number of dishes that are generated. It is a trade off I guess, the dishes for the healthy foods made with love, but I am a bit tired of doing dishes!



As my girls now have swimming at 6pm on Sundays, we have had to make Saturday nights our big family dinner. Although I try to cook most nights of the week, the roasts and more complicated meals were usually reserved for Sundays, but alas, we all must adapt.



Tonight we are having honey balsamic chicken. Emily said she was making it the other day and it sounded so good, that we are stealing her idea and having it tonight. It is pretty simple, bone in breasts marinated in a mixture of honey (local and organic), balsamic vinager and olive oil (both not local at all, but organic). I also grated a few garlic cloves in and added salt and pepper, and may drop a few thyme leaves on top when I put the chicken in the oven. The side will be angel hair with sundried tomatoes, basil, garlic and olive oil. I have a nice big mixed green salad with feta, cucumbers and tomatoes and a cheesecake is baking away for dessert. If the family is REALLY nice, I will make some strawberry compote and fresh whipped cream for the cheesecake. Now I have to figure out what to make for Sunday :)

No comments: