Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stupidgirl

So there is a blog my friend and I read (no one we know personally) and we have dubbed this woman "Stupidgirl" The main reason for the name is that I have never in my life seen someone whine so much about things she chose to do.

This woman is older than I am, educated, single, owns a home, and just bitches and complains about how hard her life is. Here's the thing, I have more going on in my life and I don't think it is so hard. Hard is not having enough money to feed your kids and pay the rent. Hard is having a chronically ill child and no insurance to pay for meds and care. Hard is having no education or skills and being trapped in an abusive relationship. These scenarios are real for many people, and while we can sit on our high horses and say that they could have gone to school, made different choices, etc., we must also know that the choices we have made dictate our lives.

I have challenging days, and yes sometimes they are strung together. My kids make me angry and the husband makes me livid, but day in and day out, my life is pretty damn good. I have choices, lots of choices, and that is not a luxury available to the masses.

So Stupidgirl, quit your whining, get out of the house and find some way to give back, maybe then you will see how good you have it.

No comments: