Friday, May 9, 2008

Garden Update

Well yesterday I was thrilled to see some potatoes coming up, along with pumpkins, acorn squash and butternut squash. As that garden was a trial, I was so happy to see things growing. After the flooding and storms last night, it looks as though the potatoes may have washed out, I am going to give it a few days to see if I see any new growth, and then I will replant. The other plants in that garden look fine, and when we dry out a bit I need to go clear the debris and leaves.

The big garden is also doing well. My newly sown beans are coming up, so is the lettuce and the carrots. Some of my plants took a beating last night, the cukes and some yellow squash plants looked a bit ripped up, probably from hail. I think they will come back okay, the plants are fairly young and should perk up in the next few days.

No comments: