Monday, May 12, 2008

Standards

I think everyone has standards for their life, what they like, don't like and what they feel they can accomplish. Some think I set my bar very high, even Em and my mom will comment on it, and while that may be true to some, to me, this is just my personal standard for myself (and no Em I am not offended by the comments, I know you love me as I am, my mom, well....).

I have also been "accused" of having high expectations of others, most often morally. I admit that this is true, and I make no apologies for expecting people to make the best moral choice possible. I do not, however, expect anyone else to live their life in the same way I have chosen to live mine. My husband is a sitter and a relaxer, and there are a lot of days when my anxious energy has me pacing about stressed about what to do while he relaxes, and I wish I could do the same. I force myself to take one night off and to sit an watch a show with him, no computer, no reading a book while watching, and that is hard for me.

I also know that I am very happy living the way I do, it doesn't cause me nearly the same amount of stress that it causes others, although I do have rough days. The world needs all types of people, with different personal standards. I know that my husband's personality and mine make for a (more) balanced home life for the kids. So live and let live!

No comments: