Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dinner plans

On the agenda tonight for supper is Grilled Chicken Alfredo. The family loves Alfredo, and I don't make it often as it is quite bad for them, but I decided I would make it tonight. I already made the homemade fettuccine, and I have to say that aside from having to clean up the flour, it is so easy to make and tastes so much better. My recipe(and you will see it is simple) is below.

Fresh Pasta
2 cups flour (or11/2 cups white flour, 1/2 cup wheat flour)
2 beaten eggs (farm fresh of course!)
1Tbls olive oil
teaspoon of salt
water as needed
chopped herbs of choice(basil, oregano, thyme all work well..very well grated garlic does too)

Mix flour and salt in a bowl, make a well and add eggs and oil to center.Mix together with a fork and add water as needed to get a dough ball. Turn onto floured surface and knead herbs in, use flour as needed to make a smooth dough. Let rest 10 minutes. I then cut off 1 x 3 inch chunks that I pass through the pasta machine on setting one. Once all the dough has been put through, stack two or three strips and pass through again at stage one, folding over on it self and putting through two or three times. I then usually have three or four big strips. Cut each strip in half and pass through the pasta machine up to setting 5 and then cut into fettuccine. Boil and you are done :)

No comments: