Friday, November 21, 2008

Secrets and Simple

I want everyone to know, that we have been yell free all day, and I am very happy! The whole atmosphere in the house is better, and while only Ryan and I are here right now, I know that our good moods will carry over to the kids when they get home. Grayson was super cute today when we got in the car to go to school, he asked if tonight was family meeting night, and I assured him it was. Tonight we will all sit down as a family to address the yelling problems, and then we will celebrate our new no yelling policies with a family movie night!

In addition to changing all of our communication processes, I have also been working with the girls on their song for church on Sunday. Grayson is supposed to sing as well, but my guess is he will stay planted on my lap and not go up to sing. The kids are all singing "Tis a Gift to be Simple" which is one of my favorite hymns and so fitting for this time of year. Haven sings loud and confident, Brittan quiet and reserved, but they both love the song and are excited to get dressed up to sing in front of the congregation with their friends.

One last thing......I have a little secret that I can't share until Christmas.....you can all wait, right? :)

No comments: