Monday, November 24, 2008

Sad news

Recently my mother told me my uncle's youngest brother was sick with cancer. Today she told me he passed away. Uncle Bob was a really great guy, and while not my uncle, I remember him from many different family events. He was a lawyer, and right after law school he surprised his whole family by running off and joining the Peace Corp. After coming back and marrying, he began a very successful career. He wasn't very old, not even 60, and his two boys are only in their 20's. These young men are amazing, so incredibly bright and successful even at their young ages, and I know their father's death will devastate them. Tonight I think of that entire side of my family who all loved Uncle Bob, I hope they all find strength in their togetherness and that their love is carried to Bob where ever his spirit flies.

No comments: