Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apples

So, after crashing late last night, we were up at dawn and back on the road by 9:30! We made it up to my sister's area around 11:30, picked apples for an hour, threw food at the kids, changed their clothes and ran to see my niece dance in Beauty and the Beast. The kids were great, and Jessie did fantastic. She is such a great kid, and I always love to see her, she is full of chatter and hugs, and she and Haven always love hanging out together. I wish we lived closer so they could see each other more. Matthew is always a bit of an odd duck, but he and Grayson and Brittan had each other in stitches and they were being a goofy bunch hanging together. My poor sister and brother in law, their kids are always so quiet and calm, then when we come, chaos and noise! All in all we had a great day, we are exhausted and I have 125lbs of apples to deal with. Tomorrow morning we will head to church, then home to make the first batch of applesauce. The kids are begging for apple pie, so I am guessing one of those will need to be whipped up as well :)

No comments: