Saturday, March 1, 2008

Doing better

So my efforts to be a better mom are starting to pay off. Although Grayson STILL isn't sleeping, I am trying to not let my sheer exhaustion get in the way. We started off okay, although the kids seemed to want to get up at 6:45 for some reason. It was okay though, as Haven needed to be ready to go by 8:30 and I wanted to make them waffles and sausage for breakfast. We came down and I made a double batch of waffles (now we have extra in the freezer) then Haven got ready and I did the housewide vaccum, straighten, etc. Then I took a quick shower and headed in to see Dr. Tom, then stopped by the grocery store.

I am so tried of the standard winter dinner choices, I miss the fresh, robust tastes of spring and summer. I grabbed some sad looking fresh veggies, and will make my roasted veggies with basil and orzo for dinner. I am hoping that even though the veggies are not local or organic or even all that pretty, they will help tide me over until we are getting the good stuff again. I am also planning to make some yummy yeast rolls for dinner, and may even crank out some homemade pasta to use in place of the orzo.

Now I have a new batch of coffee roasting, Haven is playing at a neighbors, Britt and Gray just went up to rest (gray b/c he doesn't sleep and britt b/c she is still not feeling well). I will fold the three baskets of clothes, and then work on a paper for tonight. I also have grading to do, so I am hoping that new batch of coffee is as strong as it smells!

No comments: