Sunday, March 2, 2008

A sign of things to come

Today has started off pretty nicely. I would have preferred to have slept past 6:45 on a Sunday, but we all got up in decent moods and the day has started on a good foot. The kids and I hung out in my bed for a little while, petting the cat and joking around. We came down and I toasted up some of yesterdays waffles, made some sausage and poured the OJ. The kids ate, I made coffee and everyone is happy. Even the sunlight seems happy; we have one of those glorious beams coming in from the plant window in the playroom and shining into the family room, one of those "hand of god" type beams, appropriate on a Sunday but shouldn't be wasted on a bunch of heathens like us. I love those, they always make me feel happy and hopeful, so I am taking it as a sign that today will be a good day.

2 comments:

A Jersey Girl said...

I too would have been happy to sleep past 6:30am on Sunday morning. It was Ben's turn to get up, but once again that did not happen. I think that makes about 8 weeks in a row now:)

Tribe Mama said...

I feel your pain. I can't sleep in on Thursday and Friday since the girls have school, and every Saturday they have either woken me up or someone had somewhere to go, arghh!