Saturday, March 1, 2008

Evening falls, dinner is done, kids are whining

Dinner was a heaping success. I ended up making the homemade pasta, I figure, it only take a few minutes to make and everyone loves it. The kids helped turn the crank so they were very happy to tell Daddy that they made the pasta :)

The roasted veggies turned out wonderful, although we did have a more "wintery" version tonight with parsnips, carrots, leeks, green beans, grape tomatoes, asparagus, onions, garlic, yellow squash and zucchini. In summer, I adjust to fit what we have fresh, but there is always fresh basil and a squirt of lemon at the end.

The kids are now cleaning the playroom...again. If they could only learn to clean as they go, it would be much easier. Then they are off to have a cup of tea before they are tucked into bed. Me, I am thinking of making a run to the local ice cream place to get some butter pecan ice cream. Maybe I should go hurry those kids along :)

No comments: