Saturday, December 8, 2007

Spoke too soon

Ah well, the dream night is gone. Husband woke with a raging headache and heartburn, and is now very, very sick, I am not sure he will make it to work tonoght. I am hoping it is just a migraine and not the dreaded stomach bug as I am due to leave on Tuesday and I don't want to be sick on the trip or have him dealing with three sick kiddos. It has already been a rough winter, and we are just getting started, so I am ready to get this trip over with so I can get the crew healthy. I am hoping that two weeks off from school will be enough time to build their strength.

As an aside, I have to say that I am amazed daily by Brittan. She is so quiet as compared to the rest of us, and she has always been a bit of a mystery to me. She tends to be aloof, doesn't like noise, and is not as manic as the rest of the tribe who loves big, hates big, etc. As Brittan has grown older, she is truly a neat kid, smart and sweet, a child who thinks before she speaks or acts. She is really, really trying to read, and she is doing a great job. She just filled another treasure map for school, and she wrote the names in so seriously, taking this task to heart. She may be different from the tribe, but it is a refreshing change, and without her, our family wouldn't be complete!

No comments: