Monday, December 31, 2007

Ringing it in

So a new year is just a few hours away, and while I understand and respect those who make resolutions, I never really have. Each night before I go to sleep, I ponder what I did right and what I did wrong that day. I know tonight I will wish I had had more patience with Grayson today as he whined and cried and complained the morning away. I know that I will be happy I took the kids to get the Webkins their grandmother had promised, but not delivered, plus I got each of the girls a new shirt, and from their favorite store too. There are days I know I am a good wife, mother and person, and days I am not, although most of the time I seem to do good and evil all in one day!

I guess if I had to nail down a resolution, it would be to live my life to the fullest, and at no one else's expense. I strive to be an example to the kids, and while that example may curse like a sailor and screw up a lot, I still work to be a good person each day. Anyone who knows me knows that I have very strong morals, and I hope that how I live each day, my ability to say I am sorry and mean it, especially when I wrong my children, and the thousands of "I love yous" that are doled out daily will help these three amazing kids grow into three amazing adults.

No comments: