Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Croup

So, I should be driving to Pittsburgh, but my baby is sick. He started with the cough and a low temp yesterday. Last night, he was up all night just coughing and gasping to breathe. I thought that maybe my want to stay home was making me think he was worse than he really was, but he really is sick. I took him in and the doctor was concerned, seems he has really bad croup and his asthma is really bad. They gave him a dose of oral steroids in the office and he will be on them the next few days, along with the inhaled steroid and the xopenex. We are under strict orders that if his temp reaches 101 or he takes his meds and is still wheezing or having trouble breathing, we are to head to the hospital. It is never good when the doctor tells you to be ready to go to the hospital.

So my boy is sleeping and I am hoping for the best.

No comments: