Friday, August 29, 2008

Stinky pork

You what stinks? When you have to go to class and it is raining, and you know you won't be home until almost dinner. So you plan something that can cook while you are gone, for me this was pulled pork. I made the rub and got the pork out, ready to rub it down and put it in the oven so it could cook all day and become delicious while I was gone. I open the pork and it smelled terrible! The only meat I have ever had an issue with is pork, I cannot tell you how many times I have brought home a roast or pork chops to find that they smelled bad and I had to throw them out. Anyone familiar with the price of a pork shoulder will know that it pained me to throw that hunk of meat out! That was two meals for us, dinner tonight and I always freeze some of the pulled pork for a quick dinner down the road. Oh well, better than poisoning the family!

4 comments:

Ree said...

If the expiration date is still good I always take it back!!
Once the butcher in the meat dept. at the store I made the meat purchase said that sometimes people get their meat first and then walk around the store with it shopping so by the time you are done and then it sits in the bag in the car for the ride home and then while you are putting groceries away and then finally do get it back in refridgeration it has a period where it can go bad--how true--so i TRY to remember to do that last on my shopping trip!!

Ree said...

Wow that was a longgggg sentence!! LOL

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tribe Mama said...

Haha, it was long!

I had already tossed the package and it was in the big trash outside, so I couldn't take it back :(

Oh well, now we will have chicken for dinner!