Saturday, August 2, 2008

Not tears of joy

My kids can make me angry, make me yell, and even make me swear. They can make me cry for joy, but rarely do they make me sob. Today I have 4 hours of calls. They know the drill, be quiet if they are in the room with me, and always check if I am on the phone before talking. Most of the time I am on mute, but sometimes I need to say something, so I unmute. While on the call, I did laundry, vacuumed, paid bills, and made the kids lunch. They were upstairs watching a movie and I had to unmute and they all came in screaming at me, well Britt was wailing. Seems they had been fighting upstairs. So I banish them, finish my call and go up to deal with the behavior and find their rooms TRASHED. Now I just spent countless hours organizing the rooms while really sick. Needless to say, I burst into tears, woke their father up so I wouldn't kill them and cleaned the rooms. It actually hurts my feelings, especially with the older two, since they know how hard I work around here. They also remember having to go to daycare when I worked outside the home, and now that I work from home, I just need cooperation from time to time. I cram a full time teaching job, a PT teaching job and a doctoral program in, and they rarely notice. Today was an unusual occurrence, since I try to do these trainings at night, so I just wanted cooperation.

Hopefully they will have learned their lesson.

2 comments:

Ree said...

MOM being on the phone is like a MAGNET...they always seem to KNOW when you are on it AND make the most noise!!!

A Jersey Girl said...

So sorry, I know how that feels. I hope the day got better and your call was good.

How was dinner?