Sunday, April 20, 2008

When will housing stop dropping?

The housing crisis is really screwing with our plans. We have been fixing our house up, redoing bathrooms, kitchens, etc, all as we planned to move when I was done with school. With housing the way it is, it is looking unlikely that we will have the option to move out of our house in the next three years. This puts a lot of pressure on me to find a full time, onground, teaching position here that pays enough for me to pay back loans and us stay in this house. This also means that we would be here much longer than anticipated, as we wouldn't move if I secured a job. The scenario now is that I will do my best to find a job here and if I do, we will find a new house with more land in the area here. That will be a tough feat since most of the houses on land here are ridiculous in price.

No comments: