Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The power of friends

Gray and I had a busy and trying day out today, and when we got home, there in front of the door was a package. Inside were two awesome books on organics sent by my friend Rachel. I cannot begin to tell you how much it meant to me to come home and find something that was meant for me, that someone thought of me, it made me feel very special. Rachel and I go WAY back to 6th grade and I wish we lived closer so that we could share more of our lives with each other. It meant so much that she thought of me, especially as the last few days have been hard for me. It means even more that Rachel took time to send me the books given I know she is crazy at work, moving and dealing with family illness. It takes a special person to think of others when there is so much going on in their life, and Rachel is one special person who I am grateful to know.

No comments: