Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sleep Deprivation

I am not sleeping.  I am REALLY not sleeping.  Many nights I can't fall asleep until after midnight, and I keep waking around 3 am and then I can't go back to sleep, well I probably could sometime around 7 am when it is time to get the kids ready for school and when Teagan wakes up.  Last night I slept from 11:30-2:45 am...yep, that was it and given I was really tired from getting up at 3 am the morning before, it is amazing that I STILL had the weirdo insomnia.

It is really common for women to have insomnia or frequent waking at the end of their pregnancies, folks even say that it helps "prepare" the mom for the night waking needed to feed a newborn.  I, however, get more sleep after having a baby then I do the last two to three months of my pregnancy due to my crazy sleep issues.  I remember coming home with Teagan and getting up with her every three hours and being excited that I went back to sleep each time!  Being that my kids still wake me at night  a few times, the big kids that is, I have no need to be "prepared" yet here I am, waking at 3 am and feeling like I will die somewhere around noon.  Then the sun sets, the kids go to sleep and I lay there trying so hard to find dreamland, it is terrible.

Thankfully there are a few special nights that visit where I pass the heck out at like 8 pm and sleep until 7 am and I believe I am creeping up on one of these since I am so danged tired and this has been going on over a week.  I really hope I get the big sleep tonight because I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, and we need to deep clean the house this weekend and work on painting, so sleep is a big need right now.

Since I have no work to do, well not work work anyway, I am going to snuggle with Teagan on the couch, listen to the rain falling and hope that when she naps today I doze off too :)

No comments: