Monday, September 27, 2010

Survival of the fittest

We made it to the end of Ryan's 5 12-hour days.  We never really saw him, except in passing, and it made for some long days and nights especially with kids feeling under the weather, no one sleeping well and general the general busy schedule.  Today he will sleep until about 4, get up and I will leave for class and hopefully be home by 10:30 where I will fall into bed until 7 am tomorrow.  Tomorrow is the only other day he is off this week, so in the morning I will take Teagan with me to the OB and the farm so he can work on the playroom a bit, then I am vying for a nap in the afternoon and the whole crew is going out to dinner.

Then come Wednesday, we are back in the thick of it, he sleeps, I work, then he works through Friday night, off Saturday and Sunday then works Monday through Saturday. Now THAT will be pure hell for all of us, but we will make it and it will be worth it in the end.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to maternity leave in December and January and Ryan has already committed to taking two weeks off, although we may push that to three after these OT days!

No comments: