Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new path

I had a post that I was going to put up, and it dealt with a very real situation at hand, but it is so negative and not in line with what I want to focus on in my life at this moment.  The situation will resolve itself as we have begin the appropriate process and reached out to folks with expertise to serve as counsel, and I will just let them handle it from this point forward.

So...changing paths.

The kids have their Open House tomorrow and they are so excited to find out who their teachers are, who is in the class, etc.  Grayson starts kindergarten, and I know he is a little nervous, but he also keeps telling us that he can't wait to go and see everything the girls have been telling him about for years.  I will be juggling all four kids alone as Ryan has work, so it will be an adventure I am sure, but it will also be nice to see all the other parents and the kid's friends again.

I am also excited for when the kids head off next week as I have some big plans for Teagan and I.  I only have a few short months when it is just she and I, and I have some ideas of fun things we can do.  I can't wait to see the kids enter a new school year, watch them learn and grow and to have an opportunity to explore the world through the eyes of a one year old for awhile. 

I may complain about the hard moments, but I do get how lucky I am that I get to spend these days with my kids.  I am sure that before I know it, or I am ready, all the kids, even little Finn, will be off and running and our life will be very different.  I am so fortunate that I can build my career and complete my degrees while being home with my kids.  When Finn is older, I will be able to go back to a more traditional work schedule, probably teaching on campus somewhere.  If I had to choose between raising my kids or working, I would be terribly unhappy, so I am so very thankful that I am here for all their firsts, that I get to hold sleepy little babies after naps and be the first to welcome the kids off the bus, so many are not so fortunate.  I love my jobs, all of them, and they are all hard work, but I know that it is all worth it when I see my kids and the people they are growing into.

No comments: