Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So it begins....

the great holiday season!

Today the baby and I braved the crowds at Wegman's, I figured it was safer to try today with just her than tomorrow with everyone.  I had a horrible migraine this morning when I woke up and it was still hanging about when we got there so I stopped to grab a coffee for me and a croissant for Teagie to see if I could stave off the headache.  The lady at the coffee bar was so sweet and complimented my cutie pie and asked what we were having, so of course I answer "Boy!" and she commented how perfect a boy and a girl how nice, to which I response..."and a girl and a girl and a boy, my three bigger kids are at school" with a big smile.  She laughed and then said, "Well that IS perfect!"  and I have to say I agree!

Teagie and I procured the goodies for Thursday, which will be appetizers for dinner since the hubby works as well as the rest of the fixin's for Saturday which will be our Thanksgiving dinner as a family.  I also have way too much milk on hand and I am due to get an order on Friday, so I am making cheese tomorrow and will make a double veggie lasagna, one for dinner and one for the freezer for after Finn is born.  My kids love veggie lasagna, and I love that it is full of good stuff :)

Finished up at Weggie's and then we met the hubby for lunch.  Had a delicious and filling lunch and came home to put away groceries and get some chores done, then out again when the big kids got home to run around some more!

Tomorrow will be a cleaning day, and Thursday will be a lounging day full of parades, cinnamon rolls, appetizers and movies snuggled on the couch.  It even looks to be cold enough to have a crackling fire in the fireplace.  The only thing that would make it better would be if the hubby was off too, but after his Friday shift he is off until Christmas to enjoy family time and help with the newest addition.  We are so lucky to have all that we do, to have a warm and safe home, to have healthy children and to be a close family full of love and chaos, is there anything better than that?

No comments: