Monday, November 8, 2010

Fevers, Sonos, Sneezes OH MY

Well, again my plans to go somewhere for lunch with my husband were thwarted by a sick kid!  Brittan was up early this morning complaining of a tummy ache, I figured it was the time change and she was hungry, sent her back to bed and when we got up for school checked her. She was still complaining of the stomach ache, which is not like her, so I sent her back to bed figuring she would either throw up or feel better and we would take her to school.  Other kids left and she still wasn't doing well, and I needed to go to an ultrasound, so I left her home with Ryan and Teagan and headed out.

Got to the ultrasound and everything checked out a-OK.  Finn is still a big boy, weighing in at an estimated 7 lbs at 35 weeks.  Given that Teagan was born 2 weeks from where I am now and was 7 lbs 6 ozs, this little (big) guy is way ahead of the game.  I am scheduled for a little over 3 weeks from now, so I will be curious to see how big he is when he is born.

Left the sonogram and went to pick up a few Christmas presents I had ordered that had come in, then a quick jump to the grocery store for bread and rice milk and then back home.  When I came in Ryan said Britt had been sleeping and when she came down I could see right away what the issue was, a fever.  She looked pretty ragged, so we gave her some Motrin and she is feeling better.  Guessing it is just another random virus, but they have had a lot of these this school year and I am getting frustrated with the sickies!  While no one is really  sick, it just seems to be one thing after another.  Ah well, I will this over the dreaded stomach flu any day!

No comments: