Friday, December 19, 2008

The worst thing that can happen

when you are motivated to scrub the house from top to bottom, is for the power to go out! We lost power this morning as I was just getting into the groove, and it has thrown me way off. I don't want anyone to misunderstand, I think I keep a clean home, sometimes a little more cluttered than I would like (thanks hubby and three kids for that) but albeit clean. Yet when my mother comes, we need a new level of clean, it needs to be sterilized and perfect. We live in our house, someone is always here, so there is always stuff about. Cleaning and organizing, while they fill my heart with joy, do not do the same for the rest of the tribe. They are not so helpful and have been known to mess up the very room I just cleaned.

Anyway, I have scrubbed the kitchen, and now have a mass of stuff to put away. I also have my oven cleaning, I hate my stove and am coveting a new one, but for this Christmas, I still have old unpredictable. Still on the list, to do some grading for FT school, do laundry, organize the extra stuff from the kitchen, vacuum both levels, clean the kid's bathroom, steam clean, clean up the mudroom and mop. Hopefully husband will jump on board and help out soon.

No comments: