Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Occupying my time

So I found a few things to fill the day beyond feeding the kids lunch (PB, apple and honey sammies with yogurt and a few chips) and general household upkeep. I made two loaves of pumpkin bread this morning, one will become french toast when we have breakfast for dinner later this week, the other will just get eaten. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my 2 lbs of yeast that I ordered. Packets don't get me anywhere, and the little jars at the supermarket cost 8 bucks each and we run through them too. My 2 lbs will last at least the year and cost less than two little jars. Once that arrives, I can get a double batch of bread going so we have it for dinner tomorrow. I also need to start the chili for tonight, because lets face it, chili needs to cook all day! I just made myself some yummy fried zucchini for lunch, we had beautiful little zucchini in the CSA bag and it was calling my name, and after I eat it up, I will do the dishes, start the chili and start reorganizing the kitchen cabinets. Nesting+too much free time+OCD=hopefully a busy Mama!

No comments: