Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Decade

Happy Anniversary to my husband, today we have been legally joined at the hip for ten years!

We had a rough start, I make no bones about the fact that I even thought we may not make it, but then we grew up, made good choices and here we are.

Today I believe we have a strong and healthy marriage. I enjoy spending time with my husband, and while our interests differ, we have come to a point where we are on the same page with all of the important things. I never worry about the kids when they are with him, and so many other woman don't enjoy the luxury of knowing that the kids are happy, well cared for, and probably having more fun, when they are with their dad. He is an amazing father and partner, and I am so happy to share my life with him.

We have found peace in our marriage and years ago when we chose to stay married, we took divorce off the table. This was the best choice we ever made, as we know that no matter what, we are there for one another. It has made us fight less, yes we disagree, but we rarely have BIG arguments, amazing what happens when you can't pull the big guns out.

Happy ten years Ry, thanks for sticking it out, sharing the good times and bad, helping create four amazing kids and letting me shine my forehead on your shirt. I cannot wait to see what the next ten years bring!

No comments: