Saturday, November 10, 2007

Our glorious home...

Today I seem to have shaken off the funk I have been carrying. We slept well, and woke up late at 8 am. As part of the new food plan, I am really trying to get the kids to eat a hot breakfast each morning (less unknown ingredients than the cold cereal they love). Grayson always opts for eggs and today the girls took english muffins. We had an easy morning, made a nice warm fire, got some cleaning done and the kids played. For lunch they wanted pizza so I made some pizza dough for them (the one quick rise was great as they were hungry) and Haven wanted a calzone. The girls helped, Britt shaped the pizza and Haven the calzone. We used our fresh basil in the calzone and on top of the pizza and the kids loved their lunches!



As it is Saturday, I am baking some bread. The two loaves I make each weekend tend to make it through the week, and any leftovers or stale bits get crushed into breadcrumbs and thrown in the freezer to be brought back to life in meatballs, meatloaf, chicken cutlets, etc. One of the loaves I make today will be a rosemary bread to go with the rosemary roast chicken we are having for dinner :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so hungry now!