Friday, November 16, 2007

New Dining Room Floor

We have been busy the last few days. We purchased some cork flooring and installed it in the dining room. We have had really nasty carpet in there since we bought the house, but I never knew what to do in the room since it is bordered by tiles in the kitchen and peg wood in the foyer. We found this cork and fell in love, especially since it is supposed to be really durable! I also love that the cork is a renewable resource, a big bonus in my world :)

We took out the nasty carpet and the tack strips, fixed an uneven area of the concrete sub floor, repainted the lower portion of the walls, laid the vapor barrier and then the cork planks. We moved the new rug in, and put the table and chairs back a big relief since they were in the middle of my kitchen. I still need to paint the moulding and then we can install that and put the china cabinet back. Phew, a lot of work, but it looks great!





1 comment:

rachelpinklovesunicorns said...

Love that floor--v. pretty. And a nice match to the walls. Never heard of a cork floor, but I'm an apartment dweller so it's not surprising :)