Thursday, August 19, 2010

Winding down or up?

Another crazy week.  Saw another OB in my practice and really liked her, a LOT.  She confirmed that I can pick who delivers me since I am scheduled and that we can do it on the days I want :)  Now we just need to will Finn to hang in until December 1st or 2nd!  I will see her and another OB I like until I deliver, which is fine with me, since I hated the one woman I saw twice and may have to hold Finn in if I go into labor and she is on call :)

We are gearing up for another trip...not saying when, not saying where.  What I will say is that I must be crazy scheduling three trips in one summer all with a drive of at least 7 hours each way. Actually I had scheduled four, but I canceled one of the NY trips in July in a moment of clarity. 

Work is well...work.  I have about a third of the second course I am writing done, which is good since it should be done by the end of September which is about when PT school gets crazy.  The money has been great, but the burn out is pretty bad. I have sent my second draft of my prospectus in, it is moving right along and if all goes as planned, the dissertation will be done in December 2011, just as Finn turns one.  Not too shabby to have completed a Master's and Doctorate while having kids...started when Brittan was a few weeks old and will finish when Finn turns one.  I am pretty proud of myself, it has not been easy and there are lots of days where I just want to do my work in the morning and get the evenings off like most other folks, but we are nearing the end now, so I just need to keep trucking.

That's about it.  I have been really stressed and overwhelmed this week and I am hoping the little trip will relax me.  Big kids head back to school in a few weeks, and while it will take some getting used to, the school schedule lets me get my work done during the day pretty easily.  The one thing I always need to be careful of is that I don't stay trapped in the house all week, as is my tendency, I need to make sure I get out sometimes too.

No comments: