Saturday, August 15, 2009

Feast or Famine

It always amazes me the ebb and flow of our lives. In the summer I do not get paid by PT school so summers can be tight financially if we don't plan well. This year, we did plan and were all set and then we had a million things go wrong and break. This made for a tough time and a lot of stress for me during my pregnancy. As we approach September, there is a calmness that comes from that extra pay check each month, it allows us to have a lot more extra for fun stuff and activities.

Well, just as is our life, everything comes in extreme levels. Just like the summer being extra financially trying, the fall is looking to be extra financially lucrative. My boss offered me two classes that need to be written. While it is a lot of extra work, it is also a lot of extra pay...to the tune of 7K extra.

Now Ryan and I are trying to figure out what to do with that extra. Some will go to Christmas, some will go towards some things we need for the house, and some may go towards a vacation in the spring :)

No comments: