Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ah the stress of it all...and a glimmer of sunshine

See, here is the thing..I stress about money even when we have it. Right now we are a-ok and still I am worried. I worry that something will come up, some crazy expense or big huge mess. I know that we have back up and that if something terrible happened, we could get help...but still I worry. I guess the upside to that is that I am being pretty cautious with the money we do have. We have the trip coming up in just over a week, but we have a kitchen in the house and I will be able to feed the kids most of their meals there. We have a few outings planned, nothing crazy and nothing too expensive. The gas and boarding the dog should be the biggest expenses.

On the bright side, I went to Wegman's for the first time today, and I fell in love. Not only is the store beautiful and filled with so many wonderful items, but they have a great organic section and the prices were fantastic. I know I can get a list for Wegman's and think I will get one sooner rather than later...it will be worth it.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Oh my gosh - I worry about money like crazy. Obsessively worry. It's crazy and producing so much anxiety. We're ok right now too (knock on wood and thank God!)and still......With no parents ( mom is deceased and dad is disabled) it really feels like I am without a safety net. Just the knowledge of knowing my parents are out there and willing to do what they could to help should something terrible happen is something I wish I still had - and know I completely took for granted when I had it. I think it makes everything so much more terrifying when you feel like you are flying solo.

Anyway - that was a weird ramble...I'm just saying I so get where you are coming from. I feel like I'm walking the financial tightwire.

I'm glad you are able to get away. I can't wait to hear all about it.