Friday, January 7, 2011

Slinging the baby

So yesterday I found out that Haven has a birthday party to attend tomorrow from 3-6 pm...which is all well and good except Grayson has a birthday party from 12:30-2:30 and it is about a half hour away.  Thankfully I was able to carpool for Gray's party and will be the drop off person and his friend's parents will be pick ups...hooray!  The real problem with the parties is that I needed to go get presents, today, with just the babies.  I had been trying to figure out how I would do this since I haven't bought a double stroller yet and Teagan cannot walk when we are out, so I busted out my Moby Wrap for our trip to Target.  I have a bunch of slings, two pouch style ones, a Mei Tai and the Moby.  I love the Moby when the kids are little since I can put it on at home, wear it in the car and just stick the baby in when we get to our destination.

So after the big kids left today, the babies and I headed out.  I parked right by a cart return with a cart in it, grabbed the cart and put Teagan in the seat and buckled and then went and got Finn out of his seat and put him in the sling.  The shopping trip went great, so great that I completed it while sucking down a Peppermint Mocha, pretty impressive while pushing a toddler in a cart and wearing a newborn :)  We got everything we needed and more and got out of the store easily.  The only issue I had was that when I parked next to the cart return I was a little too close and it made getting Teagan in and out a bit of a struggle as she sits in the third row and the door couldn't be opened all the way, but such a minor thing to deal with.  I was also sweating to death when we were done, I had a sweater on, the the wrap and Finn and my coat on top...I really should have taken off the coat!  Small successes every day.

No comments: