Friday, January 21, 2011

It's all about the little things

OK, the car is in the shop and I am mentally prepared for the repair cost, just waiting for the phone call with the actual quote.  Once returned we then will drop Ryan's car off for two more tires.  I am thankful we can afford this, usually January is a bear for us, but we can do it this year and it isn't too painful :)

I think I have Teagan's cold and she sounds even worse today.  My fingers and toes are crossed that all the hacking she is doing is a good thing and that she is moving the junk out, I really don't want to deal with pneumonia with her.  She and Finn took turns waking and crying last night, and combined with my cold, I was not a happy camper, but we survived.  My wonderful husband took one for the team and drove to the farm straight from work (that is an extra hour on top of his two hour commute) and then took me to drop off my car...awesome awesome husband. He has to work tonight too so I am going to try to make sure he has a really good dinner to take, wonder what I will order :)

I am finding that if at the end of the day everyone has been fed, things are sort of clean, the dishes are put away and I made it through with happy kids, I feel pretty accomplished.  I am still anxious to get the dining room put back together so I can finish the rest of my list, but I am rolling with it better than I thought I could.  I head back to PT school Monday night and I am a little sad.  I don't mind teaching the class and I like seeing students face to face, but the long drive just wastes time I could have with my family and it irks me.  To put in in perspective though, I have to actually go to campus 24 times a semester total for the two classes if I give the second exam and the final online, which I do.  From leaving the house to walking back in the door, I am gone about 4 1/2 hours.  That is 108 hours I am away from my family for the whole semester, which is equal to what most people with a full time job work in 2 1/2 weeks not including commute time.  OK, I will stop whining now.

No comments: